By Erik J. Heels
First published 9/1/2016; YearOfDisruption.com; publisher: GiantPeople.
- Free Your Law Practice’s Computing Budget (2013-09-09)
Don’t let your software party like it’s 1999.
- New Website and Blog: Local, Social, Mobile, Good Enough (2013-01-17)
Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
- HTML/CSS Test Page For Web Designers (2012-12-18)
Clueful HTML Brain Dump by ErikJHeels.
- How To Start A Boston Patent Law Practice (2011-11-08)
Advice for new Boston patent lawyers.
- Top 10 Questions To Ask Before Your Company Spends Money On Social Media (2010-09-12)
Social networking is not magic.
- Drawing That Explains Contact Syncing (2010-02-04)
Email is social networking glue.
- How Real Life Interfered With My Social Networking Fun (2010-01-26)
Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- There Is No Right To The Status Quo (2009-05-13)
The only constant is change.
- How To Fire Your Lawyer (2009-01-27)
Terminating your attorney-client relationship.
- Book Review: Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing (2008-11-18)
By Harry Beckwith.
- Drawing That Explains Social Networking (2008-11-03)
How to visualize social networking.
- Paid Content = Invisible Content (2008-01-23)
The more you hide your content, the less relevant it becomes.
- Illegal Feeds And Betting Against The Internet (2007-09-14)
The clue train has left the station, and most publishers aren’t on board.
- Boxy But Good: Honesty In Advertising (2007-02-01)
It’s the best policy.
- Suicide Bears (2007-01-23)
Worst ads redux.
- RedStreet Website Relaunched (2007-01-01)
Historic website documents the finest of the first law firm websites.
- Worst Ads Ever (2005-09-28)
High powered ad agencies are overrated.
- How To Set Up VNC Over SSH On Windows XP (2005-04-18)
Step-by-step instructions for setting up an SSH server, a VNC server, and an SSH client in order to VNC securely from one computer to another.
- How To Create A Dual-Boot Linux/Windows Laptop For Under $700 (2004-04-25)
Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 3 and Windows 2000 Professional on a Dell Latitude C600 laptop.
- How And Why To Try Open Source Software (2003-11-01)
The year of being open minded turned out to be the perfect year to switch to open source software. In this article, I’ll discuss why I decided to make the switch, how I am doing it, and why lawyers should consider open source software.
- Fire Your Website, Hire A Weblog (2003-09-01)
Don’t start a weblog. Replace your website with a weblog. In November 2002, I started experimenting with weblog software. Three months into the experiment, I had converted my existing website into a weblog powered by Radio Userland Software. After only two months, I switched to the much more capable Movable Type software. In this article, I discuss what I did, how I did it, and why some law firms are catching weblog fever.
- Business Is A Conversation (Or Clueful Lawyers) (2000-10-01)
The business of law is a conversation. Are you conversing?
- Book Review: The Cluetrain Manifesto (2000-10-01)
The central startling simple revelation in the book is that business is (or should be) a conversation.
- Why Lawyers Should Get On The Internet (1994-11-02)
Legal research on – and legal issues raised by – the Internet.