What if you’re not a baseball fan and you don’t know who to root for? Simply use the following handy rules.
Top 11 Rules For Picking The Right Team To Root For
- Root for the Red Sox.
- Root for the underdog (Houston, in this case).
- Root for the visiting team.
- Root for the team with the coolest uniforms.
- Root for the team with the most players older than you (and no fair counting Julio Franco).
- Never root for a team wearing pinstripes.
- Never root for a home team with its dugout on the third base side of the infield.
- Never root for a team that plays in a dome.
- Never root for a team than plays on an artificial surface.
- Never root for a team that lets its diamond double as a football field.
- Never root for the Yankees.