By Erik J. Heels
First published 9/1/2016; YearOfDisruption.com; publisher: GiantPeople.
- ABA nothing.but.net Column Ends 15-Year Run (2009-07-10)
Thanks for the memories.
- The New York Times Is A Copyjacker (2007-09-25)
The Times is hotlinking images on its website.
- Drawing That Explains Copyright Law (2007-07-18)
Copyright rights, unregulated uses, and fair use.
- Steal This Article: It May Be My Last For The ABA: Epilogue (2006-12-31)
A technology evangelist’s work is never done.
- Steal This Article: It May Be My Last For The ABA (2006-10-28)
Organizations large and small – including the ABA – need to evolve on the ever-changing Internet.
- The ‘Duh’ Of Shrinkwrap Licenses (2004-04-03)
Kids have figured out the problem with shrinkwrap licenses. So why can’t judges?
- How To Write, Copyright, And Publish Your Own Book (2002-11-19)
Self-publishing books is much easier than it used to be. It can also be fun and, if you do it well, profitable.
- LawLawLaw #1: Are You Eating Your Coffee Beans? (2001-11-29)
Smart companies are ‘giving away’ portions of their content online without hurting sales of their other products.
- Ease-of-Copying In The Digital Age – Turning A Negative Into A Positive (1996-04-29)
Rather than worrying about ease-of-copying, owners of copyrighted works should use it to their advantage.