Funny movie clips from the 1990s.
Social networking sites MySpace and Facebook asked me to list my favorite movies. It only took me 41 years, but here’s my list.
I started with Wikipedia’s list of films by year. I added links to Amazon (because this list is primarily for me, and I’d like to buy all of these eventually). I looked at IMDB for quotable quotes (or just remembered them). Then I added YouTube clips (when available). My list includes primarily comedies, but I’ve included a bunch of non-comedies with memorable (and now funny) quotes. I also ignored everything before 1966.
The quotes don’t always match the clips (but I tried). Video clips are not available for all movies, even though I think it’s silly for the entertainment industry not to take advantage of ease-of-copying on the Internet. For more on the legal issues of linking to YouTube videos, see my copyjacking category and the EFF’s article on YouTube embedding and copyright.
Wouldn’t it be great if there were a service that combined e-commerce, YouTube video clips, and quotable quotes for movies? Until such a service exists, blog posts like this one will have to suffice.
According to my research, the funniest year for movies was 1988. Second funniest was 1984. But YMMV. Feel free to let me know if I’ve made any glaring omissions. I’ll either (1) add the missing info, (2) explain why you’re wrong, or (3) ignore your suggestion. Kind of depends on my mood.
If you know the majority of these quotes, then you should be immediately entitled to U.S. citizenship. That’s my stand on immigration reform. I also favor clean water. Enjoy!
- Funniest Movies Of The 1970s
- Funniest Movies Of The 1980s
- Funniest Movies Of The 1990s
- Funniest Movies Of The 2000s
Funniest Movies Of The 1990s
- 1991: City Slickers
“Lord, we give you Curly. Try not to piss him off.”
- 1992: A Few Good Men. Not a comeby, but it has one very good line.
“You can’t handle the truth!”
- 1992: Glengarry Glen Ross
“Put that coffee down. Coffee’s for closers only.”
- 1992: My Cousin Vinny. I recommend watching this movie before taking the bar exam.
“My biological clock is [taps her foot] TICKING LIKE THIS and the way this case is going, I ain’t never getting married.”
- 1992: Wayne’s World
“We’re not worthy! We’re not worthy!”
- 1993: Dave
“Hail to the chief, he’s the one we all say ‘Hail’ to.”
- 1993: Groundhog Day. We have been watching this every year on Groundhog Day since it came out, so if it’s not my favorite, then it’s definitely in the top two.
“Morons, your bus is leaving!”
- 1993: The Fugitive. Not a comedy, but it has some wonderfully memorable lines.
“Well, think me up a cup of coffee and a chocolate doughnut with some of those little sprinkles on top, just as long as you’re thinking.”
- 1994: Dumb and Dumber
“Man, you are one pathetic loser. No offense.”
- 1994: Forrest Gump. Another non-comedy with some funny moments and memorable lines.
“Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
- 1994: Four Weddings and a Funeral
“In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spigot. Spirit!”
- 1994: True Lies
“Harry, you do not have time to tango, buddy.”
- 1995: Apollo 13. If I’m channel surfing and come across thsi movie, then I am likely to watch it to completion, even though I’ve seen it over a dozen times.
“Houston, we have a problem.”
- 1995: Toy Story. The first animated movie to make my list.
“To infinity – and beyond!”
- 1996: Jerry Maguire
“Show me the money!”
- 1996: That Thing You Do!. I love this movie, and Rick hates it. Probably because I played the theme song every day when we worked together. So this one’s for Rick!
“Hey, wasn’t that our fan?”
- 1996: The Birdcage
“You do an eclectic celebration of the dance! You do Fosse, Fosse, Fosse! You do Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Martha Graham! Or Twyla, Twyla, Twyla! Or Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Or Madonna, Madonna, Madonna! But you keep it all inside.”
- 1997: As Good As It Gets
“Why can’t I just have a normal boyfriend?!”
- 1997: Austin Powers – International Man of Mystery
“Oh, behave! Yeah, baby!”
- 1997: Men in Black
“You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.”
- 1997: The Man Who Knew Too Little
“That was fun!”
- 1998: A Bug’s Life. This movie started the tradition of creating “bloopers” (or “outtakes”) for animated movies. Very humor.
“Do not panic, do not panic. We are trained professionals. Now, stay calm. We are going around the leaf.”
- 1999: Bowfinger
- 1999: Office Space. This is probably my current favorite movie. I watched it twice last week. I don’t have it completely memorized yet, but I’m getting there.
“I believe you have my stapler.”
- 1999: South Park – Bigger, Longer & Uncut
2 Replies to “* Funniest Movies Of The 1990s”
Funniest #Movies Of The #1990s… http://is.gd/eILk